April 14, 2020
Update Regarding COVID-19 from LECO Corporation
LECO Corporation is closely monitoring events associated with the COVID-19 emergency. We are also taking steps to ensure that our supply chain can continue to operate safely and within the applicable federal, state, and local governmental regulations.
Michigan’s Governor Whitmer issued Executive Order No. 2020-21 effective March 24, 2020 at 12:01 am and continuing through April 30, 2020 at 11:59 pm, ordering all businesses in the State of Michigan to cease operations unless the business is engaged in identified sectors which are part of the critical infrastructure that fit within the guidance issued by the Director of the U.S. Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency dated March 19, 2020. In conjunction with legal counsel, we have confirmed that LECO is part of that critical infrastructure and operates within the sectors identified in the Executive Order and the Guidance.
In order to continue to manufacture products that are essential to fighting this pandemic, LECO’s manufacturing facility and corporate headquarters in St. Joseph, Michigan will continue to remain open for business for the foreseeable future.
Please be advised that all LECO locations are currently restricting non-essential visitors. This continues to be a fluid situation that carries a high degree of uncertainty, and our current situation can change at any moment. In addition:
- We believe that the exemptions recognized by the Governor’s Executive Order extend to businesses that supply products or services that are necessary for us to continue to operate. We are in the process of notifying vendors and suppliers who we believe are covered under these exemptions.
- Our growing list of suppliers with shelter-in-place-restrictions may mean some suppliers have trouble getting materials to us in the near future. LECO is prepared to work within our diverse network of quality suppliers to find an alternative solution wherever possible. Should this impact your order, we will notify you via phone or e-mail.
- Order processing and domestic shipping/delivery times are running on-schedule, however we recognize that local and business regulations may make it difficult for your
company to accept and receive orders at this time. Please contact us if you have concerns or questions regarding an order’s delivery time.
- We continue to see some international shipments affected by regional transportation restrictions. We are doing our best to navigate these situations as they occur and identify alternative solutions to get products internationally to our customers on a case-by-case basis. Again, we recognize that local regulations may make it difficult for your company to accept and receive orders at this time. Customers located outside of the US should contact their local LECO office or distributor with any questions or concerns.
- Visits from our Global Support Team, including equipment installations and serviceability calls, are continuing as permitted in accordance with federal, state, and local regulations. If you have a question regarding a scheduled installation or service call, please contact 269-985-5531 (in the US) or your local LECO office.
- All on-site customer trainings, classes, seminars, tours, etc. at our headquarters in the United States have been cancelled through April 15th. In some cases, on-line solutions will be offered. Please work directly with your LECO contact if you have questions regarding these events.
While we remain committed to doing our part to ensure these critical needs are met, the health and safety of our employees is our number one priority. All LECO employees are encouraged to follow the guidelines set forth by the World Health Organization (WHO), including avoiding close contact with people who are sick, washing hands often with soap and water, and continued cleaning and disinfecting hard surfaces. Employees are encouraged to follow the guidelines and regulations set forth by their federal, state, and local government. In addition, we are working with any employee who does not feel comfortable reporting to work under these current conditions, giving them options to shelter-in-place without penalty.
We continue to monitor this situation closely, and will notify our customers of any potential delays as they occur. We value your business and appreciate your continued support during these unusual and unforeseen circumstances.
The best and most efficient way to contact us is by using our online contact form.
Click here for additional contact information inside the United States.
Click here for contact information for locations outside of the United States.
Follow us on Social Media for the latest information.